Stainless steel frying pan
9x5in loaf pan
4 tbsp black sesame seeds
4 tbsp honey
4 ripe bananas (save 1/2 for the top of the bread)
1 3/4c gluten free baking flour *
1/2 tsp pink sea salt
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4c coconut sugar
1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C and line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper.
- Heat a stainless steel frying pan to low heat and gently toast the sesame seeds. Setting aside a small amount to add to the top of the bread.
- Add the black sesame seeds to a food processor and blend until they appear dusty, Continue on, until the seeds begin to release their oil and start to clump together.
- Gently add the tahini and honey to the food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the bananas to the food processor
- transfer the mixture into a bowl, and slowly add in flour by hand. I try not to use a mixer when making banana bread, it makes the bread better in my opinion.
- Once the flour is combined, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and 2 large eggs.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, placing the half banana you saved down the middle of the pan, and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350F/176C for 60-70 minutes. You will know the bread is done when a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean.
Enjoy, and let me know how you liked it in the comments below.